"Handmade and Homegrown Festival" YQ Challenge 2018
“Out at Sea”
· Using your imagination, have fun whilst making a quilted item up to 60cm (24”) in any one direction for the theme “Out at Sea”
· Be as creative as you like, using any technique – patchwork, quilting, appliqué or a mixture of techniques, hand or machine sewing
· The age bands for judging are 10 years and under, and 11-18 years.
· Age is for when you made your item
· Remember this work needs to be made by you but please state if you had received any adult help and how, we all do need help sometimes
RULES OF ENTRY
· The individual categories are open to all Region 2 YQ members
· Entry is free but you must register your entry by: 30th June 2018
· You do not have to attend Hever to enter
· Entries may be hand and/or machine sewn Quilts
· Entries received after the closing date will not be entered into the challenge competition
Entries will be displayed in the grounds of Hever Castle over the weekend of 31st August, 1st & 2nd September 2018. They will be hung in the Young Quilters marquee. Judging will take place during the weekend and the winners will be announced on Sunday 2nd September at 15:00, when prizes will be awarded. Your entry may be collected at the end of the weekend or it will be returned to you as stated on your form.
Your entry will be insured by the Guild whilst it is at Hever Castle. However, it is not covered whilst in transit or at a member’s home. Please add it to your household contents insurance if so desired.
HOW TO ENTER
· After completing the entry form , the bottom section is to be cut off and retained, ensuring it is attached to the back of your item before being delivered
· The completed Entry/Registration form is to be sent to:-
Mags James, 16 Wisley Road, Orpington, Kent, BR5 3DR. - By the 30th June 2018
Entries must be delivered as indicated on your form.
Any items that do not meet the specified date will not be entered.
They must not be sent to Guild HQ in York
Young Quilters at Hever 2018
In 2018 the Young Quilters will have yet another Sit ‘N’ Sew. There will be several projects on offer. The children will be able to do a hand project or a small project that involves the use of a sewing machine with guidance from an adult. This activity is free and for all children between the ages of 5 to 18, Guild members or not. In the past years this has been a great success and in 2017 we had a total of 145 children who have experienced this over the three days.
We also have a challenge for all Region 2’s Young Quilters, the theme for 2018 is “Out at Sea”. Parents/Grandparents/Carers, is your child a Young Quilter? Why not get them to enter.
If you have a friend or know anyone that would like to take part in this then please let them know that they can either contact me or go onto the Young Quilter’s web site where they can find out about becoming a member of the Guild
The Quilters Guild AGM 2018 Young Quilters' Challenge – Castles.
This will be held on 20-22 April at the Civic Centre, Barras Bridge, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8QH. Young Quilters' Challenge – Castles. An item up to 24 inches in any direction. Contact Kate Elston at firstname.lastname@example.org for an entry form and delivery details.
For information about Young Quilters events contact Mags James
0208 289 9096 or 07907 833336 or email email@example.com